Thinking of this picture I took in Paonia, Colorado last January I jotted this down on a sticky note whilst reading Emily Dickinson at a local coffee shop;
"I’ve heard it said that coffee should be ‘strong as death, black as night & sweet as your lover’s lips.’
Now, I’ve never kissed anyone, but I’d like to imagine that his lips wouldn’t be a sickening sugary sweet, but rather a lasting gentle hint of the sweetest tidbit of forever.
In the same way, I tend to like my coffee, tobacco & chocolate as the quote says, only with the most memorable tantalizing wisp of the sweet nature of the thing.
That’s the sweetness I can appreciate & enjoy.”
- felixtownsend likes this
- runawaybagels likes this
- sleepinginthegardenx likes this
- karlielove14 likes this
- fancypoetryparts reblogged this from colourmecreative
- ladycocca likes this
- samessenza reblogged this from colourmecreative
- samessenza likes this
- theworstofthewildlife reblogged this from colourmecreative
- colourmecreative posted this